Architecture Master Students Thesis Exhibit, Reviews at Liberty Warehouse April 28-May 2
Reviews: April 28 – 29: 9 AM – 7 PM
Exhibit: April 30 – May 1, 10 AM – 5 PM and May 2, 12 PM – 7 PM
Architecture master students from University of Michigan's Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning program displayed their thesis projects at the Liberty Lofts Warehouse, 305. W. Liberty, in Ann Arbor, April 28-May 2, 2010. The thesis' students reviews and the exhibit were free and open to the U-M community and guests.
The awards were presented to:
Johnathan Sapanara Puff, "Acadian Roadstead: delimiting the Agency of the Proposal"
Faculty advisor: Mireille Roddier
Gavet Douangvichit, "The Anatomy of Anticipation"
Faculty advisor: Jason Young
Tom Lee, "Tapping into the Spirit World: Dead Chickens and Turtle Soup"
Faculty advisor: Perry Kulper
Wiltrud Simbuerger, "cloud cuckoo land (a weather nursery)"
Faculty advisor: Craig Borum
Graduate student thesis award winners will exhibit work in the College Gallery, opening date Thursday, May 20, 2010.
The thesis projects are related to the following studio topics led by U-M Taubman College faculty:
- Digital Publics - Dawn Gilpin, Will Glover, Jennifer Maigret, Jason Young
- Euphoria - Robert Adams, Perry Kulper, Benjamin Smith, Glenn Wilcox
- Body Building / Building Bodies - Caroline Constant, Karl Daubmann, Neal Robinson, Mireille Roddier
- Heavy Weather_Atmospheres | Environment | Ecologies- Craig Borum, Amy Kulper, Shweta Manchanda, Geoffrey Thün
Critics who will be judging the architecture thesis projects on April 28-29, 2010:
- Terry Boling: Assistant Professor of Architecture, University of Cincinnati School of Architecture & Interior Design
- Benjamin Bratton: Associate Professor Visual Arts, University of California, San Diego; Design Policy Program Director, California Institute of Telecommunications and Information Technology
- Nat Chard: Head and Professor, University of Manitoba, Department of Architecture
- Britt Eversole: PhD Candidate, Princeton University School of Architecture
- Sean Lally: Assistant Professor, University of Illinois at Chicago, School of Architecture
- Lola Sheppard: Professor of Architecture, University of Waterloo
- Bill Sherman: Associate Professor of Architecture, University of Virginia
- John Shnier: Associate Professor, University of Toronto, John H. Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape, and Design
- Jesse Vogler: Adjunct Assistant Professor, IIT College of Architecture
Apr 23, 2010