Can Planning Build Agency in Marginalized Communities?
- Charles Anderson, President and CEO, Urban League of Detroit
- Khalilah Gaston, Deputy Director, Vanguard Community Development Corporation
- Joe Heaphy, Vice President of Real Estate Development and Management, Neighborhood Service Organization
- Khalil Ligon, Project Manager, Lower Eastside Action Plan
- Jessica Care Moore, Detroit poet and activist
Co-sponsored by OAMI and the U-M Rackham Student Government.
Free and open to the public.
"There is nothing more dangerous than to build a society with a large segment of people in that society who feel that they have no stake in it; who feel that they have nothing to lose. People who have stake in their society, protect that society..."
— Martin Luther King Jr.