Grand Opening of the A. Alfred Taubman Wing of the Art & Architecture Building
Incoming Taubman College Dean Jonathan Massey invites you to join us as we celebrate the opening of the A. Alfred Taubman Wing of the Art and Architecture Building in the University of Michigan's Bicentennial year. The program includes remarks by U-M President Mark Schlissel and former Dean Monica Ponce de Leon, a performance by the University of Michigan Marching Band, and a building open house with refreshments.
The Taubman College building expansion and renovation began in 2009 and is the result of many years of faculty, student, and staff planning. The building addition provides an additional 36,000 square feet to our existing 72,000 square foot facility, and the project includes a renovation of the current building. The building addition was funded by a major gift from the late A. Alfred Taubman, as well as a generous gift from the late King C. Stutzman, additional funds from the U-M Offices of the President, Provost, and Chief Financial Officer, and the support of alumni and friends.
The A. Alfred Taubman Wing of Taubman College will provide:
- 5,700 square foot double-height commons
- 8 capstone and group study rooms
- 2,400 square foot state-of-the-art classroom
- 5,500 square foot of additional studio space
- New and renovated faculty offices
- All-College lounges overlooking the commons on the second and third floors
- Reading Room and Meeting Rooms