Dean Ponce de Leon announces Research Through Making 2014 Winners
Dean Monica Ponce de Leon announced the winners of the next group of Research Through Making faculty research grants. These interdisciplinary projects, which emphasize the importance of making, were given grants for a year-long research study, the results of which will be on view in an exhibition in November 2015.
A record number of submissions were juried by Amanda Reeser Lawrence, Founding Co-Editor, Praxis;
Kendra Byrne (M.Arch. '10), Product Lead, Bot & Dolly; and Sigrid Brell-Cokcan, Principal, II Architects int and
Founding Co-Director, Association for Robots in Architecture.
Winning projects are:
- Social Sensory Surfaces - Sean Ahlquist, David Chesney, Sile O'Modhrain;
- Drop Kick Push Pull - Sean Vance, Rebeca Hasson, Ziyui Chen;
- ELECTROFROST - Meredith Miller, Anya Sirota, Jean Louis Farges, Patrick Beauce;
- Texture Tectonics - Ellie Abrons, Adam Fure
- RoboPinch - Karl Daubmann
Collaborators on these projects include faculty from the College of Engineering, the School of Music, Theatre & Dance; the School of Information, and the College of Kinesiology.