College Events / Archives
Submission Deadline: AGORA 2011
The Urban Planning & Design Journal of the University of Michigan
Art + Architecture Building
Agora is an annual peer-reviewed publication of the University of Michigan, and is entirely student-operated. The journal traditionally publishes work from a wide range of disciplines, and is an opportunity for members of the campus community to share perspectives on a variety of urban issues, including those that affect the region, the state, and the planet. ____________________________________________________________________________________
C A L L F O R S U B M I S S I O N S
DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 11, 2011
AGORA 2011: Endurance/Adaptation
This year’s edition will focus on the themes of endurance and adaptation. We would like to spotlight work that analyzes cities, environments, communities, or systems that have worked, and that have lasted. We encourage submissions that explore both the persistence of character and the dynamism that underlies the things that withstand the test of time. We welcome any interpretation of these themes, including those that examine the flip-side—for example, what’s missing from failing systems that causes them to fade?
That said, thematic submissions are NOT mandatory, and we look forward to including work on a diverse range of topics.
We are pleased to accept many different types of submissions, including:
- Short papers (5,000 words or less)
- Photographs and photographic essays
- Design projects
- Literature reviews
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
- Cover Page: Include 1) your name 2) short biographical statement (ex: current and prior degrees, concentration, school/program, etc.) 3) e-mail address 4) phone number
- Abstract: Include a one-paragraph abstract (100 – 200 words)
- File Format: All written work must be submitted as Microsoft Word DOC or DOCX. Design work, drawings, and maps should be submitted as a PDF or JPEG no larger than 11x17, and may be in color. Images should be at least 600 dpi to ensure quality printing.
- Document Format: 12 pt. font, double-spaced, one-inch margins on all sides.
- Citations: The final edited submission will have in-text citation with a works cited listing at the end of the piece. Only endnotes that add substantive information will be included. We appreciate any effort to put your submission in this format.
- Individuals may submit more than one piece for consideration.
- Deadline: February 11, 2011
E-mail all submissions, questions, or comments to email@example.com.