Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

Kompas Fellowship Information Session

November 4, 2016 at 5:15 pm

Kompas Fellowship Information Session

This event is intended for undergrad architecture students seeking “gap year” employment and research opportunity.

Spend a year working in a Chicago area architecture firm, gaining hands-on professional experience, while researching your own innovative idea, and receiving a $40,000 stipend.

 What is the Kompas Fellowship?
The Kompas Fellowship is an opportunity for creative individuals to gain hands-on professional experience while unlocking their own innovator potential.  Fellows work side by side with our architects and designers participating in design exercises and collaborating with team members. These initial learning and observation stages fully engage fellows in every phase of the design process. Fellows spend 80% of their time assisting with project work.  The remaining 20% of time is spent researching, testing, and implementing the fellow’s innovative idea.

Genevieve Doman was their first Fellow last year.  Kira Rosenbaum (and another student) are this year’s Fellows. 

How does the Kompas Fellowship work?
This intensive program is a one-year, full-time, paid employment opportunity with Myefski Architects in Evanston, IL (north of Chicago). Fellows receive a $40,000 stipend to cover the cost of living, moving, and other expenses. The fellowship is formatted in a “gap year” time frame. Fellows may choose a start date between May and August of 2015. The fellowship concludes 12 months from the chosen start date. The fellowship is open to those who will be receiving an undergraduate architecture degree from the University of Michigan in May 2015. Applicants must intend to pursue a graduate degree and demonstrate an interest in architecture.

Additional Information and online application: www.kompasfellowship.com


November 4, 2016
5:15 pm