Spring Travel Course Presentations
The spring travel courses are available to all U-M undergraduate architecture students as well as all graduate students during the spring or summer half term. These international travel courses are an essential part of Taubman College's course offerings, granting students the prospect of visiting other countries while gaining access to facilities, groups and individuals that might otherwise be closed to them. The college has established partnerships and faculty exchanges with other architecture programs around the world in order to promote a global cross-cultural exchange. These 3 credit courses are selected, organized, and directed by individual faculty members who have an interest in a particular country, region, or city. This diversity of interests leads courses not just to the traditional locations of Europe but to the villages and global cities of the developing world-and provides each group of students with exciting and unique educational, research, and service opportunities. More than a quarter of the students enroll in travel abroad courses during their study.
The spring travel course presentations will provide an opportunity to see which travel courses are being offered for 2018, and more information on the program.
Proposed Courses for 2018
- Australia and New Zealand with Neal Robinson
- Georgia, Armenia, and Ukraine with Ashley Bigham
- Germany and USA (Detroit, Cleveland, and Chicago) with Maria Arquero de Alarcon and Claudia Wigger
- Germany, Switzerland, and France with Viola Ago
- Japan with Peter Halquist
- Mexico City with Yojairo Lomeli
- Morocco, Algeria, and France with Brittany Utting
- Portugal, Spain, Morocco, France, and Italy with Dawn Gilpin
- Venice, Milan, Vienna, Prague and Berlin with Laida Aguirre
- Paris, Geneva, and Venice with Sandra Manninger and Matias del Campo
- Sri Lanka with Jono Sturt and Laura Anne Wong
- New Mexico with Sarah Rovang
- USA: Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, New Mexico, Nevada, and California with Jeff Halstead
For more information on the Spring Travel Course program and application process, visit the travel page on our website.