Seniors: are you thinking about taking a year off before grad school? The Kompas Fellowship presents a unique gap year employment opportunity for students graduating from the University of Michigan (from undergraduate degree programs).
The program, sponsored by UM alum John Myefski at his firm Myefski Architects in suburban Chicago, allows creative individuals to gain professional experience while unlocking their innovator potential. Over the course of the year, a fellow will spend 80% of their time on the firm’s project work and the remaining 20% exploring an innovative idea that has the potential to affect the field of architecture.
"Undergraduates looking for their first job have an enormous challenge,” said Myefski. “Most firms are hesitant to offer full-time positions because most will leave to pursue a Master’s degree after only a few years of employment. The goal of the Fellowship is to pay forward an employment opportunity to recent undergraduates.”
Kompas fellows have explored topics ranging from as-built documentation techniques and using standard material sizes to public space design approaches that appeal to all ages. More information and application details can be found at www.kompasfellowship.com.
Pizza provided to those who RSVP Here.