Faculty Present Papers and Projects at the 100th ACSA Conference “Digital Aptitudes + Other Openings” in Boston
Assistant Professors Maria Arquero de Alarcon, McLain Clutter, El Hadi Jazairy, Jen Maigret, Anca Trandafirescu and Glenn Wilcox, Architecture Lecturers Ellie Abrons, Adam Fure and James Macgillivray, and Master of Science in Digital Technologies student Robert Yuen (MArch '11) presented papers and projects at the Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture (ACSA) 100th Annual meeting, "Digital Aptitudes + Other Openings," held in Boston, March 1-4, 2012. Hosted by Massachusetts Institute of Technology, this conference will critically examine the ground covered by architectural education since its inception, as well as speculate on its future trajectory. The central theme of this year's conference is the profound impact of digital technologies' computational and communication capacities on architecture.
Faculty presenting their work included
- Arquero de Alarcon and Maigret: "Other Urbanisms: A Scalar Approach Towards Pervious Design"
- Clutter's paper session: "Registration and Projection: The Mediations of Urban Imaging Technologies"
- Fure: "Material Postproduction"
- Jazairy: "Aerial Vision-Based Model of Urbanism"
- Macgillivray: "The Death of Film in Architecture"
- Under Architecture:
- Abrons and Fure: Tingle Room
- Fure: Thick-It
- Under Technology:
- Trandafirescu and Wilcox: tetra | N
- Trandafirescu and Wilcox: GLS - Kitchen Tent
- Yuen: Points + Clouds: Tactical Hermeneutics
An awards ceremony was held at the conference where Associate Professor Geoffrey Thun, Assistant Professors Steven Y. Mankouche, Wei-Han Vivian Lee, Kathy Velikov and McLain Clutter, Lecturers Tsz Yan Ng, Matthew Schulte and Josh Bard were named 2011-2012 ACSA award winners.
For more information on the awards: click here.
To read about the conference: click here.
Mar 7, 2012