November 13 at 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Join this virtual mayors panel via livestream or in person at the Watch Party.
This annual event brings together mayors virtually from cities across the states of the Big Ten in a conversation around timely topics of national importance that manifest at the municipal level. From development of social infrastructure that promotes social cohesion, challenges and opportunities of creating an infrastructure for urban technology, and participation in local elections, four mayors will share insights on how leadership at the city level shapes our national approaches to some of the most pressing issues of the day.
- James Brainard, Mayor of Carmel, IN
- Moderated by Jim Throgmorton, Former Mayor of Iowa City, IA, and author of Co-Crafting the Just CityTales from the Field by a Planning Scholar Turned Mayor
Live Watch Party
This virtual event will have a live watch party for the University of Michigan community at the Art and Architecture Building Auditorium (room 2104), 2000 Bonisteel Blvd, Ann Arbor, MI. Portions of the event will be filmed and live-streamed from the watch party. All are welcome to attend; lunch will be provided.
Watch Party Schedule
- 5:30 PM In-person guests arrive to grab lunch (lunch provided)
- 5:40 PM Doors to Annenberg open for seating
- 5:55 PM Doors to Annenberg close for seating
- 6:00 PM – sharp! Event begins with live introductions from the Art and Architecture Building Auditorium
- 7:00 PM Event concludes
- Big Ten Collaboration: Democracy in the 21st Century
- Center for Local, State, and Urban Policy, University of Michigan
- Democracy & Debate 2023-’24, University of Michigan
- Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy, University of Michigan
- Taubman College of Architecture & Urban Planning, University of Michigan