Career and Professional Development
At Taubman College, we prepare our students to innovate, experiment, and lead in careers across the globe. And we are one of the few architecture and urban planning schools with a full-time career and professional development team dedicated to assisting our students and alumni to find and grow rewarding, impactful careers.
We partner one-on-one with students and alumni to assist with career exploration, identifying the people and places that align with individual career interests, strategizing how to identify and secure a job or internship, and improving job search skills.
We can assist with the following:
- Resume, cover letter, or portfolio review
- Job and internship searches
- Networking with alumni and industry professionals
- Interview preparation
- Negotiating a job or internship offer
/ Professional Development
We prepare our students for a successful start by hosting interactive and group-oriented workshops. These events, held throughout the year, provide practical information on job search strategies, career planning, networking, and more.
- Career Workshops: Learn about best practices related to marketing yourself, researching opportunities, interviewing, and preparing for an offer.
- Portfolio Reviews: Meet with alumni who share constructive input on professional portfolios.
- Alumni Career Chats: Connect with alumni and learn about possible career paths, working in various sectors and with clients, and job search tips from an employer perspective.
- Speed Networking: Engage one-on-one with alumni to practice interviewing skills.
- January Career Intensive: Prepare for your search with speed networking, career workshops, and employer information sessions
- Spring Break Career Trek: Visit in person with firms and organizations and network with alumni in select major cities.
/ Career Fairs
At our Career and Networking Fairs, held in the fall and winter semesters, we connect students with employers across the U.S. and abroad. Each year, 100+ recruiters join our in-person and virtual events to recruit students from our degree programs for internships and full-time jobs. The power of our connections and the caliber of our students ensure our employer partners return each year.
Registration opens in early September for the Fall fair, and late November for the Winter fair. Watch the employer email or the website for more details.
/ Students and Alumni
Taubman College Career Network
The power of Michigan’s global reach means you are part of an unequaled network of 640,000+ alumni who want to help you succeed.
The Taubman College Career Network (TCCN) is our online platform where students and alumni connect. You can find job and internship postings, schedule career and academic advising appointments, register for career events, and gain access to a wide variety of additional career resources.
/ University Career Services
University Career Services provides other career services and support for U-M students and alumni. Resources include the Handshake recruiting system, the University Career Alumni Network (UCAN), which connects the global community of U-M alumni, guidance for international students, and more.
A degree from Taubman College positions you for a lifetime of opportunities. Taubman graduates are making an impact in every U.S. state and around the globe. Our annual Employment Report reflects the outcomes for the most recently surveyed Taubman graduates.
/ For Employers
Taubman College students are well-prepared for impactful careers that will push the profession forward. They are critical thinkers and lifelong learners with agile, innovative mindsets and experience with the latest technologies, tools, and techniques. That’s why you’ll find our graduates making a difference and leading the way at top firms and organizations across the globe.
/ Connect with Us
Director of Career and Professional Development
Office: 2320 | Phone: 734-763-9560