University of Hong Kong Exchange Program
Taubman College of Architecture and Urban and Regional Planning currently has an exchange program agreement with the University of Hong Kong (known has “HKU”). This agreement allows current Taubman College undergraduate students to attend the University of Hong Kong for one semester (Fall or Winter only), while remaining enrolled at and paying University of Michigan tuition.
Requirements to Participate
- You must have completed one year of University-level study before the exchange begins
- You must be nominated for the program by the U-M architecture program chair
- You can be nominated to study at the University of Hong Kong for one semester
- Your application must be accepted by the University of Hong Kong
- If you are admitted as an exchange student at the University of Hong Kong, you will remain enrolled with your home institution and continue to pay your home institution tuition
- The academic program you undertake may be credited toward your degree as per the formal agreement between the two institutions
The credit hours taken at HKU will be credited toward your degree at Taubman College. You will work with Taubman College Student Affairs to determine the specific courses to take at HKU.
Most students who have previously expressed interest have indicated plans to participate in the exchange during the Winter of their junior year, but that is not a requirement. You are eligible for consideration as long as you’ve completed one year of University-level study.
- The Architecture Program Chair, in partnership with Taubman College Student Affairs, will promote the opportunity to undergraduate architecture students with instructions regarding how to be nominated. Complete this brief form to express your interest.
- Taubman College submits your nomination to HKU.
- For Fall term at HKU, nominations are open March 1-31
- For Spring (U-M’s Winter) term at HKU, nominations are open August 1-31
- HKU will then provide nominees with application information.
Additional information, including application procedures, visa details, and securing accommodations, can be found on the Taubman College Intranet.
Are you a current University of Hong Kong student interested in the exchange opportunity with Taubman College? Visit this page for more information.