Early Action Deadline for Dual-Degree Applicants: November 1
Regular Decision Deadline: February 1
Portfolio Deadline: February 1
(Early Action applicants: Your portfolio is not due until February 1)
Enrollment Deposit Deadline: May 1
First-Year applicants submit their application via the Common Application or Coalition Application. The Office of Undergraduate Admissions processes all undergraduate applications and can answer all inquiries about application requirements and submission.
Apply Dual Degree
We encourage all high school students who are applying to Taubman College to apply dual degree with Taubman College by the November 1 Early Action deadline to one of these three schools/colleges:
- College of Literature, Science, and the Arts (LSA)
- College of Engineering
- Stamps School of Art & Design
Students applying dual degree to LSA and Stamps also have the opportunity to be considered for Preferred Admission status in Taubman College.
How to apply Dual Degree on the Common Application:
- In the "General" section of the University of Michigan Common App: select "Early Action" as your "Preferred Admission Plan"
- In the "Academics" section: select "Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning Dual Applicant"
- Select your second program choice (LS&A, Art & Design,) in the "Dual Program" section*
- Submit your Common Application by November 1*
- Submit your Portfolio by February 1
How to apply Dual Degree on the Coalition Application:
- In the "Program” section of the University of Michigan Coalition App: select “Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning” then hit “Select Program”
- Select your second program choice (LS&A, Art & Design) under “Dual Unit”
- Under “Decision Plan” select “Early Action” and submit your Coalition Application by November 1*
- Submit your Portfolio by February 1
*Students who apply Dual Degree by November 1 will receive a decision (Admit or Defer) from their second unit (LS&A, Engineering, and/or Stamps) by the end of January 2021. These students will still have until February 1 to submit their Portfolio. They should expect a final decision from Taubman College by the end of March.
Application Fee and Waivers
Submitting Your Portfolio
The portfolio is required and is submitted through Slideroom. You will receive a link to Slideroom through your application which can be accessed through the link above.
There is a $6 fee to submit your portfolio. Students who receive an application fee waiver will also receive a SlideRoom fee waiver. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of your application fee waiver.
Use this one-page checklist to stay on track with your portfolio submission.
For technical assistance with SlideRoom, visit support.slideroom.com.
The portfolio is the applicant’s way to showcase their creative process and unique story to the admissions committee. Portfolio content may include, but is not limited to:
- architectural design or building
- drawing-freehand and/or mechanical
- interior, industrial, and graphic design
- painting, printmaking, sculpture, and ceramics
- woodworking, sewing, or other crafts
- digital media
- stage design
- two- and three-dimensional pieces
- fashion or costume design
The layout of the portfolio should emphasize the work illustrated, but each page should contain textual information including the title of the work, its media, the year it was produced, if it is group or individual work, and the context in which it was produced (a class, in an office, independent work, etc.).
- Page size: 8-10 pages, not to exceed 8 ½”x 11” (portrait or landscape), in addition to one cover page with the following information:
- Your last name, first name
- street address, city, state, postal code, country
- email address
- telephone number
- Format: The portfolio must be formatted together in one Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) file. Uploaded files should be no larger than 20mb.
Application Status and Evaluation
Enrollment Connect is a U-M website for all application needs: track your checklist and application status, receive important messages from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, view application decision, and more. To log in, use the login credentials from the email sent from Michigan.Admissions@umich.edu verifying your application submission has been successful. If you have not received your login credentials, please visit Verification Email Not Received.
Checking Application Status
- Application Status
- Checking your application status
- Received Date on Enrollment Connect
- Verification Email Not Received
- Test Date on Enrollment Connect
- Mid Year Report
- Did I Meet the Early Action Deadline?
- Materials Needed to Complete a First-Year Application
- Method to Submit Transcripts
- Submitting Materials
- How will I be notified of my Admission Decision
- First-Year Applicants-under roll down Early Action Applicants
- Requirements + Deadlines
- Requirements & Deadlines (international)
Selection Process and Decision FAQs
- Selection Process
- FAQs for Postponed Applicants
- FAQs for Waitlisted Applicants
- Waitlisted Applicant - Accepting or Declining
Paying the Enrollment Deposit (EDR)
- Paying the Enrollment Deposit (EDR)
- Enrollment Deposit Request (EDR) Form
- Late Submissions of Enrollment Deposit
- Enrollment Deposit (EDR) Extension or Waiver Request
Checking Financial Aid and Residency Appeals
- What is Wolverine Access and how do I view it?
- Friend Account and/or System unavailable problems
- Friend Account is locked
- Financial Aid Including Scholarships and Loans