What is the Taubman College Pathways program?
The mission of the Taubman College Pathways program is to create pathways to diversify the Taubman College student population and the fields of architecture, urban planning and urban design. Our goal is to expand the diversity of our College and disciplines in as many ways as possible, including but not limited to socioeconomic status, educational experiences, race/ethnicity, etc.
Who should participate in the Taubman College Pathways program?
Current non-University of Michigan-Ann Arbor undergraduate students and recent graduates who identify as 1st generation or low socioeconomic status are eligible to apply. This program is restricted to U.S-based individuals. We are particularly interested in students who want to explore attending Taubman College as graduate students.
What happens during Pathways week?
During Pathways Week, students get an opportunity to learn about Taubman College and the fields of architecture, urban planning and urban design. In addition, students will have the opportunity to visit and learn about Detroit and the work that Taubman College students engage in as part of their education.
In 2021, Pathways will be held virtually from Monday, February 1st to Friday, February 5th.
What are the benefits* of participating in Taubman College Pathways?
Before the program begins:
- Tailored assistance for applying to Taubman College pre-TCP
During the program:
- Learn more about graduate programs in architecture, urban planning, and urban design
- On-site resume review
- Networking and professional development opportunities
- Explore UofM/Ann Arbor, and Metro Detroit
- Develop lasting connections with fellow participants and Taubman College affiliates
After the program has concluded:
- Application assistance for Taubman College academic programs
- Guidance throughout financial aid and scholarship application process
- Support in applying to Rackham’s Summer Research Opportunity Program
*These benefits are subject to change.
What does it cost?
The program is completely free to participants.
How do I apply?
Complete the participant application by January 4, 2021. You will be notified of the outcome of your application within a week.
Taubman College students can apply to serve as student coordinators or volunteers. Complete the application by October 26, 2020, 11:59pm EST.
I have more questions!
Send a message to email@example.com with questions.