The University of Michigan Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning seeks applications for fellowships in the areas of architectural research, design, and pedagogy. We particularly welcome applications from designers, practitioners, spatial activists and advocates, and researchers focusing on the intersection of race, ethnicity, gender, climate, and the built environment. National and international candidates whose work involves public engagement, those from non-traditional pathways into the study of architecture and the built environment, those hailing from or committed to servicing lesser-resourced contexts, and those seeking to forward teaching and research practices that encourage inclusion are all encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should submit one PDF (500kb max) that contains the following:
- 1-page cover letter explaining your interest in the position
- 1-page research/project statement
- 1-page teaching statement, including your approach to creating inclusive learning environments
- Current curriculum vitae, and
- Link to a portfolio or counter-portfolio of work (not to exceed 20 pages).
Please note that we do not accept letters of recommendation in an effort to reduce bias in our hiring practices.
If you have questions about how to apply, please contact Qiana London, HR officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.